My 5 Apps

Apps are a great way to further implement fun and creativity into schoolwork and the classroom.


If I had a classroom and my school had just purchased Android Tablets for the students, these are 5 apps that I would integrate in my classroom!

1)      Kahoot! – Is a fun quiz app. Teachers can put in review sheets to make quiz games that can be played in class or at home if students have the app. Students can also challenge each other from different devices and by doing so make their own “study group.”


2)      Multiplication Table Kids Math – Can be for many ages from 2nd-6th grade. I remember writing my multiplication tables each day in elementary! This is a fun way for kids to review and study their multiplication skills. Kids can also duel each other by using a slit screen.


    3)      Sand Draw Sketch Drawing Pad: Creative Doodle Art – Instead of getting out the paper and pencil, kids can use this app to “draw in the sand.” It can be used for games like tic-tac-toe, for reviewing spelling words, and for artistic drawing. Very good and interactive for many ages. Teachers have said this app helps with special needs kids such as those with autism, or just for those who need a hands-on method.

   
4)      Tic Toc Time – Fun app to help children ages 5-8 learn to tell time. It uses the sun, shadows, day, and night to help kids learn about time so they can understand the concept and so    they can read a clock face. Provides a great and fun review for time-telling. However it does costs $4.49.







     5)      Math is Fun – I’m sure Mrs. S would agree! J This is a simple app that can help kids review +/˗/×/÷ It has 3 levels – easy, medium, and hard. It gives the challenger 2 minutes to do  as many equations as they can, so it is easy for kids to share if there are not enough devices available.



I would use Google Play App Store to get these apps. I found all of them on there for FREE! Except for Tic Toc Time which costs $4.49. One downside to Google Play App Store is that some of the apps on there do not have very many reviews.

Apps provide students with hand-on learning experiences and are another avenue for children to review material they have already learned!

Comments


  1. An App I could put to use in my classroom would be Tic Toc Time. This App however is not free, it is $4.49. Unfortunately I also did not like that it has very little reviews on Google Play.
    Kahoot!
    That is a very creative app and has 5 million downloands with over 40,000 reviews. I already downloaded the App and will try it.

    Thanks Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry about the misinformation on Tic Toc Time. I completely overlooked the cost when I was looking at it. Thank you for pointing that out; I will update that information. I also noticed when I first looked that it sadly did not have very many reviews. Thanks, Pati!

      Delete
  2. I love Kahoot! I used Kahoot! in high school, and it was a great experience, however I'm not sure how it could be used for children in the elementary level. I'm assuming Kahoot! has changed a lot since I last used it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why a Rubric is not a Rubik's Cube